Dark gtk2, gnome shell theme & metacity that closely matches Adwaita Dark 3.14. (3.12 version here Adwaita-Dark-3.12-rev.1
In Gnome 3.14 the gtk2 must reside in the Adwaita theme folder, at least that's been my experience.
Ok, there seems to be some confusion about how to install & use this gtk-2.0.
1. If you use gtk3 3.14 it must reside in the /usr/share/themes/Adwaita folder. (Take it up with the people who wrote that code).
2. You can remove the existing gtk-2.0, or rename it to something like light-gtk2 and place this one in its place.
3. You can use links & have a directory called light-gtk2 and name this one dark-gtk2. Then you can just use (from an admin terminal) ln -nsf light-gtk2 gtk-2.0 for the original Adwaita gtk-.20 and ln -nsf dark-gtk2 gtk-2.0 for this dark one.
4. There are many ways to go about it, you can figure out the one that works for you.
5. If you use the ~/.themes shortcut the results will produce unwanted results.
Unless you recompile the gtk3 in 3.14 pointing gtk.css to gtk-container-dark.css I don't know how to get the gtk2 to use the dark metacity window border. In 3.12 you can just use a text editor to tell gtk.css to use the dark widgets (or copy gtk-dark.css over gtk.css). Another alternative is to hardcode the colors into the metacity. I had partial success doing that, but there is a bug in some color changes I made. *see change log 10.5.14
I have included the necessary resource files for 3.14 & 3.14.1 if you go the compiling route.
Anyway, if you have questions or positive comments/suggestions feel free to make yourself heard.
Almost forgot, this is a revision of my Adwaita-Dark shell theme taking some styling cues from what I did with Yeti. I think I like this version more than the original.
Did the arrows again, better match to gtk3
Worked on gtk2 entry borders
Still looking for a solution to the white text shadow on some insensitive/disabled text. Help!!!
Did quite a few revisions to the image assets, primarily arrows, but touched on others as well, slider background, notebook.png & more.
Also tested gtk2 on 3.12 and it looks & works well.
Included a modified elementary metacity with hardcoded colors to match this theme & approximate Adwaita Dark
Couple minor shell improvements